Monday, July 23, 2012

Blanching Asparagus

I could make up reason as to why I neglected you. The justifications would would end up being transparent. I respect you too much for that. Mostly it's because I doubt you even noticed. Nice days in Portland aren't very common so I've been out galavanting whimsically instead of taking the 20 minutes it takes to write one of these. We can both acknowledge that I am selfish. I'm o.k. with that.

So my next recipe isn't a recipe. It's more of a precursor to my next recipe. It's delicious and simple and difficult to ruin. If you've read any of my other posts then you should know by now: that's what I'm all about.


Ingredients:
Asparagus
Maybe some salt
Water
Ice



Instructions:


Boil some water on the stove. You can add salt to increase the rate of the water boiling. (Does that actually work?) When the water is boiling throw in the asparagus you want to cook. When it's cooked for about 2 to 5 minutes then take out your asparagus and shock them with a bowl of ice water. You can drain your asparagus with a strainer. I've used tongs to pick them out and drop them into the ice water. I trust your judgement. Your asparagus will be cooked and delicious and still maintain some crispness without being hot. Perfect for salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment